LF: RE: GAIN

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: GAIN
From: "Ashlock,William" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:10:42 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Ole Buddy!

I measured the gain today between my 90 metre perimiter  vertical loop
resonated on 137 khz and
my vertical  system. The vertical has a 20 db gain over the loop measuring
the noise floor. Using the Decca RF pre amp with
the  loop gets close to the vertical performance but with the disadvantage
of being only bi-directional. Measuring a signal
above  the NF indicates the same 20 db gain by the vertical. The band is
quiet with no environmental or locally generated
noise  problems.The vertical is way ahead of the loop at this QTH. The loop
is not worth considering as a TX
antenna  given the  above results. This recent test confirms previous
observations.

I see your still having problems with understanding how to connect up to
that loop - transformer ratios and all. Don't give up; you'll figure it out
one of these days.

Bill Ashlock

PS: I have to admit my TX loop didn't set the record distance over here this
season........... but my 1785 miles came within 35 miles of it !

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the WorldCom Internet Managed
Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.worldcom.com