LF: Frustration!

To: "Ed Lesnichy" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject: LF: Frustration!
From: "Ian Kyle" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:31:29 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Ed, hi all,

   been workin the old socks off these last few days only to wind up where
I started. Put loading coil outside last Friday and got an immediate
worthwhile increase in antenna current. Ever suspicious, checked it with the
rough-cut plywood panels for its rightful home chocked perilously round it
and all well.
Finished box yesterday except for antenna access and waterproofing so got
stuck in today to finish job by lining with 'turkey foil' and sealing
antenna entry point. Result?
Worse than when indoors even after much rematching and tuning, so ripped off
foil and am now back where I was for antenna current, it's blowing like mad
and rain is on the way. But at least the dam'thing isn't taking up space in
the shack.
Suspect earthing troubles but in the meantime I think I'll take to drink!
Little point in trying to set skeds with RU, but as some broad said in some
movie or other "tomorrow is another day"

MI0AYZ

PS - will be watching and listening Tuesday and available if anyone wants to
take a chance on a sked.