LF: : EuropeAlaska G3AQC/KL1X

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: : EuropeAlaska G3AQC/KL1X
From: "Laurence J Howell" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 06:54:00 -0900
Sender: <[email protected]>

Laurie - Maidenhead is BP41XD WGS84 datum as 61 deg 09 mins 24.2 secs N
150 deg 00 mins 17.4 secs West.

The pre Europe dawn peak seems to wander from day to day and I thought with
the given increase in daylight per day, nearly 6 mins   at this latitude,
that the prop window of opportunity was closing on us. However, given that
I considered conditions only fair/medium last night it does make me think
that I should be seeing more in the near future, save any increase in K,
stratwarm etc.  This is confirmed too by Alan text. The previous day
whilst testing with Peter LDO I saw the UK peak at around 0600, that's if
you can correlate 198 with 137 kHz as a generalization.  Ill be pulling up
more last nights data on the ionosphere above me/path later today.

Thanks to all for data/technical stuff - w3eee/1tag/3nyk's data
especially,and Peter LDO for his time and patience. Ive permission pending
with the FAA (im close to anchorage international airport) to increase the
tower to >120 ft so things can only get better....

Ill log again today from around 0000-0800Z centered 137.7735 +- 1Hz
viewable - I hope the Au doesn't come, and I've just been outside to
reconfirm my GPS location and no visual Au here at the mom. Its 1540Z/0640
Alaskan, and Im still detecting DCF39 which is a good sign.

Laurence KL1X
aka G4DMA Kincaid Park Anchorage BP41XD