LF: North Carolina Ice Strom / HBG plotting on hold

To: "LowFER" <[email protected]>, "RSGB LF" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: North Carolina Ice Strom / HBG plotting on hold
From: "Dexter McIntyre W4DEX" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 19:58:07 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Most of us have seen it before and probably will again.  But for those
who haven't seen the results of freezing rain here's a directory which
contains a few of the many pictures I taken in the past several days.

http://www.gostanly.com/w4dex/pix/ice/

Your being able to access the server greatly depends on the current
state of the local power source and the current conditions of the UPS
batteries.  Our power is back but the grid is occasionally being turned
down as other area are repaired.  One estimate is that two million
customers have experienced commercial AC power loss.  Presently the sun
is shinning and the ice is melting.

Dexter