LF: Laurie's 72kHz sig

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Laurie's 72kHz sig
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 00:25:59 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi John, and Laurie, I only normally see the ol' dog-bone on very strong
signals. Which suggests that Laurie is quite a good signal again tonight. I
have kept silent this time as I am not really sure what is happening on the
propagation front, but it should be reasonable, based on the lack of major
geomagnetic events in the last 14 days. I have been looking at SXV (135.8)
over the past few nights but the plot is very confusing and I dont really
know what to read from it. It could be indicating a lot of multi-path
propagation and so several different order hop numbers, even at 2300kms.
This could mean low attenuation and the possibility of constructive
enhancement, over a long path...... but  who knows ??. I am not even sure
SXV is transmitting a constant power level, as they seem to be in a test
mode.

I wonder whether anyone is logging HBG over that side as well tonight ?

Great job, well done.....again.
Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]