Re: LF: Antenna tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Antenna tests
From: "Steve Thompson" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 07:44:56 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: G4WGT <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: 12 December 2002 21:43

Hi Hugh,

Not a dumb question if you don't know the answer.

I would also like to know how to measure the earth resistance or series
loss
resistance of my antenna when it is finally completed and also what it
tells
us about the system.
As opposed to a floating rf bridge, there's some stuff on G4FGQ's site - a
couple of progs related to earthing resistance issues. They include copious
notes, including describing measuring soil rho with 50Hz low voltage, then
calculating earth resistance. Does this work - are the results reasonable?

It seems to me that earth resistance in isolation is not all that valuable -
the ratio of radiation resistance to earth and total loss resistance feels
more useful.

Steve