LF: Re: (Off Topic) PC mains filter for 136kHz interference

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: (Off Topic) PC mains filter for 136kHz interference
From: "Dave Pick" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:27:07 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Jan-Martin.

Try changing one of the video settings such as frame rate of the monitor if
your video card allows. It is usually video/monitor that produce stable
carriers in the 136 band.
Alternatively just switch to a different resolution.
Prove it by switching the monitor off and leaving the PC on.

Dave G3YXM.

Have a steady tone around 136.5kHz. It is definitely from my PC,
and the level was much reduced when the frame aerial was moved out into
the
garden, but still I must switch off the PC when listening on certain
parts of the band.

Wonder if somebody has any experience in building mains filters for the PC
?

73,
Jan_Martin
LA8AK (in JO38XC) tel.: +47-380-87178 (52660)
http://www.laud.no/la6nca/LA8AK/