LF: T/A Propagation

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: T/A Propagation
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:43:34 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, to my mind conditions have been reasonable for the last week or so.
I have had some very confusing plots from SXV during this period. Last night
I had good solid high levels from SXV with very little sign of multipath.
There was a geomag storm on the 19th at around midday. I would not expect
that to start giving absorption before 21/22nd

I think that I may have been seeing a lot of destructive interference
previously but maybe last night there was more absorption taking down the
high-hop paths. The only thing that might be connected to this is a small
proton event again at midnight, but again this would not be in impact with
the correct geographical part of the ionosphere. (too far west)

In conclusion I think propagation might be ok tonight but will decline
afterwards for a few days. Unfortunately electric storms in east USA will
probably cancel out the advantageous propagation. Not too helpful but I
would be interested to see Steve's plots on DCF39 on that side to see
whether it conforms to my thoughts.

Happy DXing and Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]