LF: Re: Audio problem

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Audio problem
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 00:22:10 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Vernall wrote:
Dick PA0SE,

It was not until recently that I found out about the extent of "mixer control" placement(s) in a sound card.  There are analogue and digital mixers.  The MIC-IN, LINE-IN and CD-IN have inputs split to feed an A/D converter as well as an anlogue mixer going to the master volume control and LINE-OUT (also an internal power amplifier and speaker out on some sound cards, newer types have speaker matters external to the PC).
[...]
I trust my text explanations are useful.  I do not have a block diagram at hand of a sound card, but if another reader does, and can scan it, then I'm sure it would be a good way to add to the information.

[...]

Bob, Dick  and all the interested,

   for a fairly long, detailed and somewhat boring description of how the Windows mixer works, please visit this link :

http://www.qsl.net/i2phd/mixer

Note : I am not the author of that material, I just found it sometime ago on the Web, and I saved it.
Sorry, I cannot give due credit to the author(s), as I lost this information.

73  Alberto  I2PHD