Re: LF: Re: ZL6QH test Dec27

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: ZL6QH test Dec27
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 18:35:19 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Thomas Giella, KN4LF wrote:

 I must have done my frequency scale calibration wrong as I received
nothing here. I left the "Measured" and "Displayed"
columns with the default 1000 in them and placed 13770891 in the offset box,
as my BFO offset is 700 hz. Was this wrong?
I'm still learning how to use Argo.

Thomas,
       you did forget the decimal point.
If I read correctly, you typed 13770891, but you should have typed 137708.91 (note the point) And, in any case, the value to specify in the offset field is the value corresponding to the zero beat on your Rx. E.g. if you tune the Rx in USB mode to 137000, then of course the zero beat will be at this frequency. When you receive a signal of, let's say, 137450.8 Hz, then you will have a tone of 450.8 Hz. If you don't set the offset field in Argo, then this tone will be displayed as 450.8 Hz. You can accept this, or, if you prefer to have the true frequency displayed, set the offset field in Argo to 137000. Then, you will see that tone displayed at 137450.8 Hz, its true
frequency.   Hope to have been clear enough.

73  Alberto  I2PHD