LF: ZL6QH results so far

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: ZL6QH results so far
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 10:49:20 +1300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,

Thanks for private and reflector reports.  It looks like reception in North
America was very good at times.  I'm working through confirmations from John
W1TAG, Dex W4DEX, Mike KB6WFC and Mitch VE3OT (Ontario, 13958 km).

We decided at the last minute to not use the new DDS exciter for overnight
ZL6QH transmission as we were not confident of transients and stability at
frequency shifts, so we swapped to the previously used TS-850 SSB exciter
and laptop audio.  So for overnight transmission the frequency shift was 0.4
Hz, and transmitted frequencies were 137.7890 and 137.7886 kHz.  Timing of
elements was no worse than about 25 seconds late for a Q starting on the
hour.

This morning (well after sunrise) we revisited the DDS exciter, and by a
combination of filtering, damping and isolation between driver and PA, it
looks like it now works nicely with DDS drive and full power to the antenna.
So for tonight we expect to have 0.424 Hz shift and frequencies of 137.7891
and 137.7887 kHz.

73, Bob ZL2CA