LF: Re: Re: Re: To Ponder over the weekend

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: To Ponder over the weekend
From: "g6tmk" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 13:11:39 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
You can measure viscosity by measuing the time taken for oil to drain
through a tube ( at least I've always assumed that's why heating oil is
graded in "seconds")
I wonder if you could measure capacitance (or charge) be measuing the time
taken for oil to drain out from between the vanes of a capacitor ?
There are probably less messy ways of measuring it :-)
Hugh

PS Yes, we had a KiloVolt meter like a free-turning variable capacitor in
the school physics lab I remember ...