LF: Sep 26-29 report

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Sep 26-29 report
From: "Ed Lesnichy" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:15:45 +0300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello LF_Group!

Our report of Sep 26-29 UA6-activity.

As almost all these days there was a rain with thunder-storms
(very high local QRN), we basically carried out beacon-tests
with the purposes of attraction of interest to 136 in exUSSR
and finding-out of propagation on LF.

OUR EQ::::::::::
ANT TX - Big Vertical (see atach)

PA - audio lamp PA (up to 100w output -  license limit), but
we held all time a current about 2,5A in the aerial
(abt 16V Output voltage PA).
Settlement ERP abt 10-15w (at Output abt 40-50w)

TS-850 with ATT + Band Pass filter (with high Q coils)

ANT RX - Beverage @2m, 640m long  to EU

REPORTS:::::::::::
We have received a lot of excellent files of our signal from
UA1(1 HAM), UA3(6), UR-Ukraine(4) and many from Eu
Most pleasant for us were files from Jose EA1PX(3662km) and
Alex RA9MB (2510km and first Eu - Asia reception on 136??)
Our signal accepted not only in night time, but also day on
distance about 1000-2000km (in QRSS3)
Interesting statistics: under the reports from ex USSR, almost
all accepted our signal on Kenwoods(850, 870, 450) and on HF
ANT - not special ANT for 136

Because of human errors it was not possible to us beacon-tests
with VK/ZL(3 ZLs and 1 VK LF listeners) and NA (2 USA-reports)

TNX by all for the reports and support.

Still interesting supervision:
When the short-term(15-30 min) rain began, in 5-15 minutes the
current in the aerial grew with 2,5 up to 2,7..3A !
But after ending a rain a current in 20-30 min came back again
up to 2,5 A. Variometer I arranged at change of a current on
a maximum . Temperature of air was about 10 - 15 degrees C.
I believe that the conductivity of ground was improved and then
came back to former at evaporation of water from a surface of
ground.

Under the messages, acting to me, a little exUSSR HAMs can
appear in a season 02-03 and on TX  (UA3, UA6, YL(Latvia)
ES(Estonia), UA2(Kaliningradsk), EU(Belarus).
Some will begin preparation after CQ WW (SSB - ending Oct,
CW - ending Nov)

Also me have informed, that the opportunity of the sanction to
HAMs of Ukraine is now considered to use 136 band.
Ukraine is in CEPT, but the UR-administratives initially have
not given a band 136 KHZ

We assume to carry out the following beacon-test in November.

73! Ed RU6LA   [email protected]

image/pjpeg