Re: LF: glfer 0.3 for Linux

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: glfer 0.3 for Linux
From: "Claudio Girardi" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:11:51 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Alex, LF Group,
glfer uses X-Windows, and unfortunately the gtk+ library used for implementing the graphical interface seems to be quite resource-hungry... There is a version of this library that does not need X-Windows but uses directly the VGA modes of the video card, only for PC-like systems, while the X-Windows version works also on workstations (anyone using a Sun or HP workstation for doing LF work? (hi) ) I'll take a look at the possibility of having a non X-Windows version, but it will probably take some time before adapting glfer to this library.

Regarding the hardware requirements, for the basic spectrogram and TX keying functions I have used a Pentium 133 and it worked fine; the other spectral estimators could need more CPU power (especially the ARMA), depending on the settings of the various parameters.

On which system are you planning to use glfer?

                        73 de Claudio, IN3OTD

--
Home Page: http://www.qsl.net/in3otd/

Hi, Claudio and Group.

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Claudio Girardi wrote:

> Dear LF Group,
> I have just finished a new release of glfer, a Linux application combining a > spectrogram viewer and a QRSS/DFCW keyer. As usual, the code is released as
open
> source and can be downloaded from http://www.qsl.net/in3otd/glfer.html .
It's wonderfull! I am looking for such a program for a long time...
I don't like any Windows and use Linux and MS DOS.
But does it use X-system of Linux? Unfortunely my computer is very old
and X-system works bad...
Also what hardware requiremens for the program?

73 de RA9MB/Alex
http://www.qsl.net/ra9mb