Re: LF: Re: ARGO

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: ARGO
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:57:48 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
[email protected] wrote:
Hi Alberto and all,

on two computers, I did experience Argo (build 128) crashing Windows 98 occasionally but not often, and I couldn't make out a connection to any specific activity. However there is a strange effect about the peak readout, once in a while it overwrites the top left corner of the screen instead of staying in its place in Argo's window. - On a 233 MHz PII, all modes down to 90s dots (10mHz) produce nice lines, whereas 120s dots tends to be blurred by glitches, presumably caused by lost audio data.

Hi Markus and the group,

   yes, I am aware of a couple of bugs present in the distributed version of Argo.
One is an infrequent hang caused by a memory leak, the second is  what you describe,
i.e.  an erroneous writing of the peak value in the upper left corner of the desktop,
caused by a timing glitch between different threads.

Both have been corrected, but I haven't distributed the updated version yet, as I
was intending to do some other modifications as well, but then it was all left in
a suspended-animation status, due to a variety of reasons, whose list is of
no relevance here.

I am intending to resurrect that project, at least up to the point of releasing
a version with those errors corrected. Just give me a couple of weeks.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

73  Alberto  I2PHD