LF: Re: Re: HFC presentation

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: HFC presentation
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 00:01:04 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi Arnie

Still working hard to get approved the use
of the 136 kHz band here.
So far it seems that we will get it soon !!!

Thats good news

We don't have access to high power MOSFETS
as you may imagine, but do have power vacuum tubes that can take us up to
1500 watts or so.
Antennas are a big problem as in everywhere,
as most Cuban radio amateurs live in
small houses or apartments.

I think that it would be a good idea to work on the receive side in the
short term, which would overcome the the three problems described above -
assuming that you are allowed to listen (or look) on 136kHz.

There are some nice beach areas along the coast just outside of Havana
towards Varadero (facing the east coast of the USA and EU) that might be a
promising as a low noise location

Would appreciate if someone can send the
HFC presentation by Alan Melia via e-mail to
[email protected]

This will follow direct when I have downloaded it.

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>

Web <http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g3ldo>