Re: LF: Jason versions and DDS COntroller

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Jason versions and DDS COntroller
From: "Stewart Bryant" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:41:11 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

Following the presentation on Data at the HFC, I have
been thinking about methods of generating Jason.

It seems to me that one of the difficulties is building
the transmitter, which either requires a controlled
DDS, or a mixer arrangement of some sort.

A more convenient method would be to make the
software program a conventional HF tx thriugh its
CAT interface and use the divide by 100 method to
generate 136KHz output.

Unfortunately it is common for transmitter to be
limited to a resolution of 10Hz, which ultimately
leads to a resolution of 10mHz reather than the
1mHz that Jason calls for.

I was wondering if it would be worth sacrificing the
bandwidth for the increased convenience of signal
generation?

73

Stewart G3YSX