Re: LF: alternative antenna for 136kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: alternative antenna for 136kHz
From: "Steve Thompson" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:17:58 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
On Thursday 24 October 2002 09:27, you wrote:
Dear LF-group,

For some time I have been "playing arround" with an idea for an alternative
antenna. I intend to give it a try when I find some time (during winter),
but meanwhile I have put the idea on my webpage :

http://www.qsl.net/on7yd/elmag/elmag.htm

I will apreciate any comment either positive or negative (preventing me
from spending some time and money on a foolish idea).
An immediate thought - if the loop is big enough that you don't need the lumped loading L, then it's a single turn loop. If some of the L is packed in a wound component that doesn't radiate, then you lose (I'm guessing) according to the reduction in loop area, and by some function of the ratio of (inductance in the loop/inductance in the coil).

Steve