LF: RE: Guy ropes

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Guy ropes
From: "WE0H" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:45:01 -0600
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi John,
Take a large rope and put it up in the tree over a limb and bring it back
down to the ground level. Tie the two ends of the large rope together so you
can pull the rope up with one side and pull it back down with the other
side. Attach a pulley to this rope. Run your antenna support rope through
the pulley and pull the pulley up with the big rope. Now pull your antenna
up with the rope that goes through the pulley and tie a heavy weight to the
antenna support rope. Now all the tree movement will just move the rope
through the pulley and not cut the antenna support rope. I have this in my
tree and I put a plastic drink glass over the pulley so the winter ice
doesn't freeze the pulley. It has been up for two years now and there is no
wear on either rope.
73's,
Mike>WE0H
http://www.we0h.us/lf.html