LF: sound cards...well amybe if.....

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: sound cards...well amybe if.....
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:08:21 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Alberto, we are all jumping on you for your over-enthusiasm........but it
occurs to me that this is a 24bit card....than may be more significant. It
has the potential to give the level of s/n we might need.

Could not the dreaded aliasing be used to benificial effect, or am I missing
some subtle point. It occurs to me that a 96ksps sampler will 'fold back'
136kHz  to 40kHz....so if any anti-aliasing filter could be disabled (I
think, where used, these are normally passive rather than active ?).....it
might be possible to have a software 136kHz RX !!
THERE is a CHALLENGE for you software gurus !!
I will await my idea to be shot down in flames, before I conside buying one
of CL new audigy units !!
Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]