Re: LF: sound cards...well amybe if.....

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: sound cards...well amybe if.....
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:23:15 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Group,

If someone knows an easy way to get started in USB programming, I'd like to try interfacing one of those PIC's with fast ADC and USB interface to a PC.
(For a dummy like me, who does not really love windoze programming)

What I have done recently is writing a firmware for a PIC12F675 which sends I/Q samples to the PC through the serial port. The sampling rate is *exactly* 2500 samples/second, if the PIC is clocked with *exactly* 10.000 MHz. Not really suited for a software defined radio, but good for narrow-band work, and you can clock it with your high-precision GPS-sync'd source !
If someone wants to have the assembly sourcecode, or like to connect this simple converter on his DOS/Windoze/Linux program, please ask. The serial data format is very simple (4-byte-frames, 115.2kBit/second, 1 start+ 8 data + 1 stopbit, so data can be received through "COM1" or "COM2" using standard routines. The PIC12F675 is very cheap (~1.5 Euros), and is available in DIL-8 case. It can be programmed with one of those "simple PIC programmers" ;-)

Regards,
 Wolf DL4YHF.