RE: LF: sound cards...well amybe if.....

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: sound cards...well amybe if.....
From: "Andy talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:11:30 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
If anyone does design a USB interface for a medium to high speed A/D they could do well marketing it commercially. And then go on to look at other USB driven test equipment modules. As far as I can see, there is a gap in the market for USB operated test equipment - at least there was when I was approached about this a couple of years ago by someone who knew the electronic test equipment business - but I declined to get involved. Programming Windoze, especially for USB, is far too complicated for a non-professional programmer such as myself who likes to keep things simple :-(

The PIC16C745 and '765 have a USB core and could form the central controller for any USB peripheral provided it can be made fast enough, otherwise a gate array approach is needed.

Andy  G4JNT