Re: Re: LF: PSpice milli/Mega R

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re: LF: PSpice milli/Mega R
From: "Hans-Albrecht Haffa" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:35:49 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>

James Moritz wrote:

> Try connecting a pulsed voltage source (VPULSE) in series with the > tank circuit - set it to generate a pulse width of, say, 1/2 a cycle > of the expected oscillator frequency, starting at t=0.
> [...]

Bill and Jim,
   many thanks for your answers, for the tips and the pointer to the book.
This evening I will try the example oscillator that Bill has sent in a separate message and the insertion of a VPULSE as suggested by Jim. Yes, I have noticed that the value for the "Maximum step" in the simulation usually
needs to be shortened from what PSpice suggests you.
PSpice seems to be a powerful tool, albeit with some quirks, i.e. it does not recognize (my version at least) the capital letter M as a prefix for Mega... I had inserted a resistor of 1M, only to have a few femtovolt across it. When I changed it to 1e6, everything was ok. Probably it interpreted the 1M as one milliohm... may be they need a refresh
on the MKS system...

73  Alberto  I2PHD

Dear Alberto,
never use letters for abrreviation for decimal units. Instead: 100 Ohm: 100 = 1E2
1kOhm:     1E3
1 Milliohm: 1e-3
Always use the basic units .

The Spice Abbreviation for Mega is Meg or meg
for Milli is  m

73, Hans-Albrecht DK 8 ND

Ortsunabhängig und flexibel! Verwalten Sie all Ihre E-Mail-Adressen
weltweit mit WEB.DE FreeMail - http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021126