LF: Re: Selective Level Meters

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Selective Level Meters
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:55:44 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tracey Gardner" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 7:30 PM
Subject: LF: Selective Level Meters

I called Neil Carter today, he was the guy that had the W&G  SLMs for sale
at the Donington Park exhibition.
I gather that a couple of other people from the list have been in touch
with
him (Mal?) following my message on Saturday.
Neil has now sent me, and others, a list of the test gear that he's got
for
sale and he has quite a few SLMs available.
He obviously didn't sell much if anything at Donington!
I've abridged the list to show only the SLMs and associated equipment

HP 3586A selective level meter                    2 off
 Sierra 303B  selective level meter
 W & G  SPM19                                          6 off
W & G  PS19
W & G  PSS19
W & G  SPM12
W & G  PS12                                              2 off
W & G  SPM31
W & G  PS30

He is looking for the best offers, with a preference to a bulk buy.
The equipment has not been recently tested and is out of test (2000).

Is anybody on the list interested in any of this equipment, if so we/you
could put in a bulk bid to get a reasonable price?

73s Tracey
I cannot understand why those that went to Donnington did not buy some of
the above equipment.
I was not at the Donnington rally so did not see the equipment.
Last year there were 10 Decca transmitters 5501 type available in Scotland
that I mentioned.
£50 for the lot collect, expect the carriage from England might make it too
expensive
No one seemed interested, and I did not bother because I already had a
couple. I could built a quality  1 kw 136 TX quicker than modifying the
Decca, especially the lower freq units.
I suppose the LF interest is so low that equipment especially for those
bands does not make it cost effective.
If you buy the lot Tracy I might be interested in some items at a PRICE!!
Some commercial outlets selling test equipment items at £500 each fully
calibrated and guaranteed can be bought at radio rallies as seen for around
£50. When you get home and test these items they might not work. Take you
pick !!!
I will not persue the above items since you have an interest.
73 de Mal/G3KEV