LF: Low Energy Light Bulbs

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Low Energy Light Bulbs
From: "tracey.gardner" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:16:34 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
I wonder if anybody is aware of the requirements that came in with the new
Part L of the Building Regulations on April 1st in the UK?
Apparently in new houses or conversions you now have to put a
number of CF fittings (low energy) in place that will only take CF bulbs -
you can't just fit a CF bulb onto a conventional light fitting.
These CF fittings have the ballast etc built into the base so that you can't
just unscrew the CF bulb and screw in an ordinary one.

I bought two low energy bulbs some years ago and they turned out to be
horrendous interference generators, I threw them out as soon as I found that
out. Has anybody else has problems with low energy bulbs?

Tracey