Re: LF: Re: Low Energy Light Bulbs

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Low Energy Light Bulbs
From: "Jay Rusgrove" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 07:44:22 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike

My results have not been as rosy as those I've read over the past week.

I have had several of these bulbs (different types and manufacturers) running
for the last few years and thought that they were pretty quiet. As it turned
out, they all generated a fairly broadband hum (several kHz wide) centered on
about 48 kHz. Energy at the harmonics of 48 kHz was reduced but still
sufficient to compromise the receiver noise floor when using an e probe antenna
some 200 feet away. Haven't had a chance to run a test with the loop
antennas...

Jay Rusgrove, W1VD

WE0H wrote:

I am using the "Commercial" brand that I bought at Home Depot. They are
quiet on LF and have lasted a year so far.

Mike>WE0H
http://www.we0h.us/lf.html