LF: Re: E-field probe antenna versus receiving loop.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: E-field probe antenna versus receiving loop.
From: Niels Rudberg Jørgensen <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:54:48 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 11:28 AM
Subject: LF: E-field probe antenna versus receiving loop.

Has someone tried the E-field probe vertical whip with high impedance fet preamplifier, comparing it to a classic multiwire receiving loop, here in 136 Khz?
I would like to made an E-field probe for use here at home when in summer season the LF transmitting vertical in down, and i dont want to put another loop on the roof ( i have now a magloop 4 meters dia for low band, and a little one only 1 meters dia for 40 to 12 meters band hi hi).

Thankyou and 73 de
IK2DED Giulio Scaroni

I never used anything else!

My receiving antenna for LF is a 4-meter vertical whip.

Immediately below the whip is a box containing a bandpass filter and an antenna amplifier.
The bandpass filter is a double LC filter, slightly overcoupled, - loaded Q about  40;  coupling
is capacitive bottom coupling (which gives a better attenuation on the high flank of the
passband).

My amplifier is a Cascode Amplifier employing two junction fets (P8000-devices, J310s could
probably do the job). The amplifier drain current is approx. 18 mA.

The double bandpass filter and the high amplifier drain current make sure that I have no
problems at all with cross- or intermodulation from the large european long wave broadcast
stations!

I hope this info might be of help to you.

= 73  de OZ8NJ  Niels+