Re: LF: E-field probe antenna versus receiving loop.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: E-field probe antenna versus receiving loop.
From: "Alexander S. Yurkov" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:23:38 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi, Giulio.
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Giulio Scaroni wrote:

Has someone tried the E-field probe vertical whip with high impedance fet
preamplifier, comparing it to a classic multiwire receiving loop, here in 136
Khz?
I would like to made an E-field probe for use here at home when in summer
season the LF transmitting vertical in down, and i dont want to put another
loop on the roof ( i have now a magloop 4 meters dia for low band, and a little
one only 1 meters dia for 40 to 12 meters band hi hi).

Thankyou and 73 de
IK2DED Giulio Scaroni

I have not do experiment with fet preamp. but I did some experiment with
GP for 14 Mhz. It work quiet good but only  (!!!) if I use a ferrite
transformer to avoid noise transfer from grounded RX case to RX input.
When I used RX powered from galvanic elements transformer is not need.
But if there is no transformer when ground is connected to RX case
noise is dramaticaly increased and all the signals are disapear. It seems because bad grounding coupled with power lines which carry
lot of noise.

My GP is on the roof of 5 flore building.

73 de RA9MB/Alex
http://www.qsl.net/ra9mb