LF: Amtor FEC

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Amtor FEC
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 01:53:42 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello LF-Group,

just in case someone was wondering about the RTTY signals on 137.500 kHz yesterday night: I had a long crossband QSO with our local fiel-day station
DL0PPP/p in Amtor FEC, DL0PPP/p was transmitting on 7036 kHz. I used 170 Hz
shift/100 Bd FEC and of course the signal was perfectly readible from both
sides (with only 5 km distance not really a problem  ;-) , using a trial
version of MixW2. Olaf on the other side used a G3PLX converter with an old
Siemens T100s RTTY machine behind, waking up everyone in the vicinity of
the radio tent on the fieldday ...

Maybe its time to play around a little bit with regular Amtor on LF  ...

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)