LF: Luxemburg effect?

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Luxemburg effect?
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 11:12:35 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
To All from PA0SE

Already several days I suffer from terrible broadcast QRM on the LF-band. It sounds like Luxemburg effect centered on DC39.
It is so bad that this morning I could hardly read M0BMU on 137.4kHz where I tried to measure his field strength and reporting back with my 1944 Hellschreiber. Jim always has a strong signal, about S8, and the test failed completely due to the BC-QRM.
I experience it on both the Teletron LWF45 LF receiver and the W & G SPM-12 selective level meter I used for the measurement.
The LWF45 has excellent front-end selectivity (5 tuned circuits tracking the local oscillator) so it can't be cross- or intermodulation  by a strong BC-signal.

The only other cause I can think of is some "rusty bolt" effect that has recently developed.

Do others have the same problem?

73, Dick, PA0SE