LF: Spectran capture (was : LF Roundtable)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Spectran capture (was : LF Roundtable)
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:14:07 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Stewart Bryant wrote:

[...]
Just to add some clarification, I have no interest in the quality of the local
display,
just the quality of the captured image. My plan is to sit this in the corner
listening
to MB7LF on a dedicated receiver and dumping the output to a web site every
few minutes. Anyone have any thought about how frequently this needs to be?

How does the system work, is the captured image derived by screen capture
or from internal data?
[...]

I tried, when coding the capture function in Spectran, to produce the captured
files from the internal buffers (the spectrum and the waterfall buffers), but
then
you missed all the other details, like the position of the sliders and all the
other
elements present on the window. So what I do now is simply to copy the screen
buffer of Windows, but after having brought the Spectran form in the foreground
just for the time needed to perform the capture.
In this way the entire window is saved. This of course has as consequence the
fact
that the screen resolution (800 x 600 or 1024 x 768) and the colour depth (16 or
24 bits) does affect the image captured.

73  Alberto  I2PHD