Re: LF: Jason 0.94 tests - EA1PX

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Jason 0.94 tests - EA1PX
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 12:57:33 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

Thanks to all for the reports on the Jason test signals. Conditions certainly seem to be very noisy at the moment. I will give the test transmissions a break for a few days, and try to make some measurements of the noise level for comparison. If anyone would like to try any particular experiments, please let me know. The Jason signal is certainly useful for measuring field strength, since it is more or less a continuous carrier, so very easy to measure.

I was very pleased to work EA1PX cross-band 137kHz QRSS3 <-> 14MHz CW between 0800 and 0900 utc this morning. Jose was 599 on 20m, and gave me an "O" report. I look forwards to seeing some LF signals from EA - The noise level was still rather high this morning, so perhaps normal CW contacts will be possible during the winter months. 14030kHz might not be the best choice for cross-band QSOs - during my second over, an OH0 station started calling, and there was a sudden frenzy of activity on the frequency - fortunately, by the time the QRSS was finished, the 20m activity had finished as well, and I had perfect copy of Jose again!

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU