LF: RYCOM-meter

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RYCOM-meter
From: "jannsen" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 18:51:11 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi all,

I use the signal of DCF39 in order to test my antennas. I read off the values from the METER. of a RYCOM receiver. So far only the DB scale of the instrument interested me. Among them are two further scales, which indicate RMS VOLTS. Ranges: DECIBELS -20 - +2 RMS VOLTS 0 - 10 RMS VOLTS 0 - 3

Entry right above:  1MW 600 ohms

The values indicated for DCF39: +2 DECIBEL, 9.8 RMS VOLTS and >3 RMS VOLTS (attenuator in position -30dB).

My slide rule says: 2 dBm with 600 ohms = 0.98 V Ueff and RMS (roots mean square) nevertheless Ueff means or? (setting instead of dBm dBuV comes on 1,6uV. Completely beside it.)
How does it come to that "potential" difference ?

regards

Uwe/dj8wx