RE: LF: Ground loss

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Ground loss
From: "Alexander S. Yurkov" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 18:50:12 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi, Rik!

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Rik Strobbe wrote:

I believe the limitations of the formula probably are :
1.The ratio Lant/Lcp should not be too big or small. Increasing Lcp far
beyond Lant won't be a great help. On the other hand, even with Lcp = 0 (no
cointerpoise wire) the loss resistance will not be endless

If Lcp=0 this means that ground wire only touch to the ground in infinity
small point. So R should be infinity large. If there is no conterpoint
Lcp is a ground rod length.

2. S (ground conductivity) should not be too large or too small. If S is
too large (eg. salt water) the counterpoise won't be of much use. On the
other side even for s = 0 (worst soil you can think of) R won't be endless
as the counterpoise will still work.

Certenly, this is a real problem...

One more quation, Rik. Do You get formula I sent to Group for rectangular
loop inductance? I am not sure You get it...

73 de RA9MB/Alex
http://www.qsl.net/ra9mb