LF: Re: RE: Re: Re: [Lowfer] RE: litz wire

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: Re: Re: [Lowfer] RE: litz wire
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 18:13:50 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ashlock,William" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 8:39 PM
Subject: LF: RE: Re: Re: [Lowfer] RE: litz wire

Mal,

>I have wound a loading coil using decca 729 strands litz and another
2.5mm
>teflon insulated wire one and compared results. On air measurements and
>reports are identical, regardless of what theory dictates.

Am I going to have to send you a loading coil made from #12 copper and and

Bill. Try HW #12 pure copper tube, not the alloy mix you get these days for
commercial wiring and plumbing, even better SPT (silver plated tube tube)
Gold plate tube even better, very low RAC. These are all easy to solder and
although hard to get out perform all other varieties, available in all sizes
from diameters barely visible to sizes that need a fork lift to move about.
73 de G3KEV

another with identical dimentions from #12 Litz to prove to you there is a
2x reduction in Rac? Assume you have a way to make these measurements?
Using
on-air measurements as a way to measure a change less than 3db is not a
sound approach, especially if the A/B change can't be accomplished by
simply
flipping a switch. This change in fact could be under 2db due to the
additional series resistance in the circuit added by soil loss.

Regards,
Bill A

This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre. For further information
visit
http://www.uk.uu.net/products/security/virus/