Re: LF: Decca component

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Decca component
From: "Tom Boucher" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 20:46:26 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike

These are 'varistors' or voltage dependant resistors which are used as
transient suppressors. In my 'chinese copy' of the Decca bridge PA, I
used a 200 volt, 8 Kilo-amp, 85 Joule device available from Farnell
P/No: 502-224. It is also a red disc and is about 25 mm diameter.

73, Tom G3OLB

Mike, G3XDV wrote:
A component across one of
the transistors burnt out. I have a diagram but do not recognise the symbol
(perhaps a temperature variable resistor?). It is called R31V and the symbol
looks like a preset potentiometer, but it looks just like a red disc ceramic
capacitor.