LF: Re: Spectacular opening to VE on 136

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Spectacular opening to VE on 136
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:31:39 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alan Melia wrote:
Hi all, last night showed the best levels of the season from CFH, which was
running just carrier for the whole of the night.
(for Tuesday night)

I assume this agrees with the theory Alan has previously made that a peak on 136
precedes the start of a solar storm.  There appears to be a complete wipe out
on the
HF bands this morning (Thursday) so I guess we are in the middle of the solar
storm.
Sorry I wasn't listening on 136 on Tuesday night and there was no sign of CFH
when I
checked last night.

Dave G3YMC
[email protected]