LF: DCF42 off air, IM gone

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: DCF42 off air, IM gone
From: [email protected]
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 16:53:19 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi to all in Central Europe,

Jim wrote
I believe in some parts of DL, significant intermods are radiated by transmitters on different LF frequencies using the same site.

Very true. But - today around 18:00, I couldn't believe my eyes: for the first time ever, the lower part of the LF band appeared clear of the usual noise and bursts from DCF49 /DCF42 intermodulation. DCF42, normally carrying broadband DGPS data from 122.5 to 124.9 kHz, is gone. If I had one free wish, it should stay that way...

73 de Markus, DF6NM