Re: Re: LF: LF activity today.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re: LF: LF activity today.
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:22:05 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Giulio and group,

Giulio wrote:
> Well with I station all the three location are the same, but for the DX
station there is big difference, for example with NM and WD in Hell,
yesterday not a wisp from my home qth
<

Well, your TX signal from the "big" antenna has absolutely no problem to cross the Alps, I could *hear* your signal sometimes during last weekend. We already had a 'solid copy' QRSS qso (I think while we were waiting for RU6), with a bit of luck even a normal CW QSO could be possible.

Did you consider to build a loop with adjustable 'elevation' ? A system of two orthogonal loops may be helpful in an experiment to find the elevation.
Markus (NM) has a very interesting RX system for azimuth detection on a waterfall which may be modified to detect the elevation of a signal. I am planning to build such a system based on his plans (and software) as soon as possible.

Good luck,
  Wolf  DL4YHF / DF0WD (JO42fd).

P.S.: About the crude Hell letters from DF0WD which looked a bit like "Lego blocks":
I used a simple 'sequential single-tone' Hell signal, while Markus transmitted in Chirped Multi-Tone hell which gives a nicer spectrum and allows narrower bandwidth without smearing. But you need a quite linear TX for it, otherwise the important amplitude shape gets lost.