Re: LF: Stronger Elastic

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Stronger Elastic
From: "mike.dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:49:20 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
G4CNN wrote:
Elastic might be a good idea though.

I use a tree to support the end of my antenna (see
http://www.lf.thersgb.net/antenna.htm) and it moves about a metre in all
directions. To prevent anything breaking, I use bungee cords (the sort you
use to secure luggage) in series with the insulators on each wire at both
ends of the top section. This has proved very effective. The mast that is
attached to my house has a free-standing top section and this is designed to
be flexible as well. The whole lot moving in a gale looks quite alarming,
but it stays up.

In my experience, an antenna system must be very flexible, or very rigid.
Anything in between will break. After all, it is the old, brittle trees that
fall down in a wind.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net