Re: LF: Mains QRM blanker by PA0LQ

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Mains QRM blanker by PA0LQ
From: "Hans-Albrecht Haffa" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:44:35 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht wurde als Attachment angehängt.-----
Von:[email protected]
Gesendet:30.04.02
An:"Hans-Albrecht Haffa" <[email protected]>
Betreff:Re: LF: Mains QRM blanker by PA0LQ
To All from PA0SE

Harry, PA0LQ, active on LF until his landlord forbade his aerial, livesin a 12 story apartment block of which corridors are permanently lit byfluorescent tubes. These caused such interference that only very strongsignals could be copied. Harry then constructed a blanker that operateson the audio out of the receiver. The blanker can be synchronised to themains frequency and produces blanking pulses of 50 or 100 Hz. Both widthand position of the pulses can be adjusted for optimum blanking. Thisbrought a great improvement in reception.
Harry combined the blanker  with an active 30 Hz bandwidthnon-ringing audio filter.

I described both items in our VERON magazine Electron of June2000.

If there is interest I am willing to translate the text into English andsend text and circuit diagram by e-mail to anyone requesting it. Orperhaps it could be placed on a website.
But before taking action I await responses.

73, Dic k, PA0SE
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht (HTML) wurde als Anlage beigefügt.-----