Re: LF: QRSS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRSS
From: "Alexander S. Yurkov" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:19:10 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hellow LF Group.

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Rik Strobbe wrote:

If you prefer not to use a PC to transmit QRSS you can indeed program a
PIC, it will be OK for beacon transmissions but might be a bit complicated
for a 2-way QSO to change the text. Anyway, if you want to make a 2-way
QRSS QSO you will need a PC for receiving the signals.
Another alternative to transmit QRSS is to use a normal memory keyer and
add a large capacitance to the timer of the keyer to slow it down. I
believe G3XDV did this with success.

It's good idea about memory keyer. Now my keyer have no memory but
I'll program a PIC to operate in memory keyer mode. Just connect a
padle! So I'll can change a text and get yet another keyer.
Certanly PC is more convenient but I have no free COM or LP port.
Any way beacon transmission should be first step and use PIC is more
quick and easy. Just find a XTALL for TX.
I have some problem with good receiving (RX is very bad) so it will be
next step when I build a converter..

Sorry I have not much free time to do all of this very quickly but I'll do
it indeed!
Another stn from Russia may appear on 136 kHz very soon from UA6 land.
May be in week or two - listen!
73 de RA9MB/Alex
http://www.qsl.net/ra9mb