RE: LF: back conversion

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: back conversion
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:54:18 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
John, G4CNN

Without going to the bother of looking this up, I assume it is the town of Omsk in Western Siberia, since Alex gave that as his location in his first email.

Yes, I agree but I am no longer familiar as I once was with Russian QTH's, now that we are on more friendly terms. The numbers looked interesting and they have turned out to be interesting. Alex is only 5400 kms from here going over the pole (well 18 deg off the pole) and that is an interesting path. I am heard boringly regularly over 8K miles into the Pacific off Peru so 5+K looks very interesting especially given that we get to transit right through the middle of the Auroral pimple.

Alex, I will be hopefully returning to 136 with as much as a Decca amp can make from 70V DC at 25 Amps starting after August this coming year. I hope that you will be interested to look for my signal with your setup at that time. Good luck as you get your station setup and then optimized.

Looking forward to working with you later this year.....

73
Larry
VA3LK