LF: G3YXM copied in PSK08

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: G3YXM copied in PSK08
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:49:56 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Dave and group,

This was definitely a "phase shifter's friday" ... after Andy's successfull test transmission, I got perfect copy of your PSK08 transmission though the signal was hardly audible. Sorry my signal didn't make it through too well, so here to answer your question:
(copied&pasted from G3YXM's PSK08 transmission on friday evening, 137.200 kHz):

dfØwd dfØwd dfØwd de g3yxm g3yxm g3yxm g3yxm g3yxm pse call kkkkk

dfØwd dfØwd, still QRM I got a little bit of my callsign and yours. Please send some more. DFØWD de G3YXM KK
DFØWD DFØWD de G3YXM G3YXM G3YXM sorry Wolf having trouble here. Clear trace on the waterfall but very poor copy, just a few letters. I was copying my own signal across the shack OK.... The AFC doesn't like weak signals and wanders around, I turned it off and tuned in Ø.1 Hz steps. I hope you are getting some of this!!
BTU DFØWD de G3YXM KK
<<< (end of pasted text)

Indeed, the AFC must be turned off, it only works properly in PSK31 mode. I moved the RX frequency manually with the up/down control, also with the waterfall zoomed around the PSK 'center' frequency so it was easy to catch you (right-click into the waterfall's frequency scale).

If time permits we can try other tests in any mode tomorrow. Hope the QRM/QRN is gone by then.

Good luck and thanks for your patience,

Wolf DL4YHF/DF0WD.