LF: PSK08 and other phase shifters

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: PSK08 and other phase shifters
From: [email protected]
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 14:03:56 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Dave, Jim and group,

Thanks for the PSK08 QSO between DF6NM and myself. The frequency must have been something like 137.7025 kHz +-0.1Hz, and there was possibly a small difference of 0.2Hz between Markus' and my TX-frequency.
The TX frequency will only be updated after switching from "RX" to "TX" (or "off"=standby to TX). Once the PSK modulator is initialized, it doesn't care for the contents of the edit field.

 -...-

Based on Jim's hardware phase meter experiment, I tried something similar on VLF and got steady displays when the NCO frequency was set to 15.955 and 16.005 kHz. Something to do with the symbol rate... but no more details, otherwise someone will have to shoot us :)

Greetings,
Wolf DL4YHF.