LF: Re: Re: Vectorscope display

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Vectorscope display
From: "Johan Bodin" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:35:42 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
James Moritz wrote:

I don't seem to be able to send it to [email protected], Johan, so perhaps you can get it from Dave's site later, or is there something else I can do?

No problem. The bounce message you got must have been a false alarm.
Your message arrived here in one piece at 1255 UTC. Thanks!
It looks almost identical to my drawing... What a coincidence.

I have a little problem. My CW BFO is not locked to the 5MHz reference as all
the other oscillators in the RX are so it is quite useless for narrowband work.
I have two options, either to use SSB filter and find some way to remove the
harmonic response from the vectorscope mixer (becomes a problem at
about 1000 Hz vectorscope LO and below) or to use CW mode with SSB BFO
which is not fun at all because of double sided reception (+3dB more noise at
best). Should I build a preselector BPF for the vectorscope or should I build
a 199 or 201 kHz phase locked BFO for use with the narrow CW filter?
Any ideas?

73
Johan SM6LKM