LF: Re: Re: Band Plan

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Band Plan
From: "Steve Olney" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:01:43 +1100
Sender: <[email protected]>
G'day Dave,

beneath them (happens all the time on Top Band..).

"All the time" - as in 100%.   Surely an overstatement.

Although in the bandplans CW is allowed anywhere

And there is the key.   CW IS allowed anywhere.

In all the discussion I don't see any opposition to bandplans which are
utilised in the manner for which they are intended - to **minimise**
interference.   The opposition comes from those who don't like the *mis-use*
of bandplans to keep one group out of another groups sandpit.   There have
been many instances where people has been harassed for daring to stray into
someone's sandpit.   This has turned bandplans in many cases into
un-gentleman's agreements.

136 is of course an unusual case, primarily because of its narrow band.
Rightly or
wrongly therefore it has been decided that a hard and fast bandplan is not
to be
made.

Ok, it was decided *not* to be made.

 However the requirement to make it available to all users and
(narrowband)
modes remains, and it is on that basis that it has been drawn up and
submitted.

Hang on - now it *is* to be made ???   que pasa ?

In any case, while I don't agree with some of your arguments, I am heartened
by the fact that you have presented your arguments in a clear, logical and
precise way.    If all the responses to those who have strayed into the
wrong segment were greeted with this kind of mature response, I wager that
there would be more people voting for a bandplan.

(P.S.   I wish I was presented with the problem of overcrowding here in VK -
at least I might have someone to QSO with in the 200km radius that I am able
to get a signal out on LF)

73s Steve VK2ZTO