Re: LF: 136 last night

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 136 last night
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 22:59:04 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

john currie wrote:

Hi all Had two xband QSOs last night simultaneously.  G3KEV was on 60
sec dots G3AQC was on 30 sec dots with DFCW There was plenty of time to
interweave the reports es answers.

Hello John.
You handled simultaneous QSO,S very well last night. I was running QRP
and
delighted that you were able to copy everything first time, hence the
speedy
QSO again.
If convenient, next time that we QSO I will gradually reduce the power
to a
few watts just to see how low I can get to maintain a QSO.
I am using my old home built fet PA that does not run much power anyway
even
flat out. I wonder
what the signal would be like if I had one of the DECCA JEEPS running
around
1.2 - 1.5 KW
output to the antenna. I have heard these are popular south of Watford.
I usually switch on the TX about 2130utc and you seem to hear me right
away.
I QRT usually between 2300 and Midnight and always QAP/QRV on 7025 khz
for
xband contacts to VE and W

73 and tnx agn de Mal/G3KEV

    Laurie I don't like this format you are transmitting with.  It is
harder to read and I don't think it gains much in the long run.
Sometimes you are transmitting on two frequencies es this buys very
little.  It means you are sending faster, but the elements you double up
on have only half the radiated power so it doesn't help when sigs are
weak
     73 de John VE1ZJ