LF: Re: 136kHz in Poland...and Eastern Europe.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 136kHz in Poland...and Eastern Europe.
From: "Giulio Scaroni" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 19:03:28 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
OM2TW wrote:

Hi LF-ers....
As I know, only few stations are active (YO2IS and HA6PC). 136kHz is alowed
in
some countries (Croatia, Ukraine, Russia, Estonia) but still no
activities.
In that reason I agree with Dave G3YXM "...Let's make Sunday, "CW
actrivity
day", people listen then and if they hear nothing they won't bother to get
on the band.....". But to increase the activity in that part of Europe,
you
must have a good CW signal around whole Europe. I'm in the central Europe,
but it's the corner of the LF activities. Most of the stations are from
Germany and UK and the majority of all my worked stations are more than
700km faraway. If you put the station in the air from UK, you may work a
lot
of stations in range about 300km in a few days. But let's try here, I have
only 3 LF stations in around 250km ! I have some friends who are often on
136kHz and listening for the stations spoted in the DX-cluster. On the
average top band antenna they have a possibility to hear only a few
stations
with a very good signal. I was a very active station on 160m and I know
that
working DX stations with low power (100W and less) on top band is waste of
time. The same count here. The only way, how to increase the activity on
the
band and bring some more hams between us, is the way of increasing the
power
and growing our antennas.

73 de Rich OM2TW

Yes Rich, i agree with you, the problem that you have is like we have also
here in Italy, no activity from South, not many station in Central/ North,
except few I5, one I1, few I2, the Alps in North do the rest.
I am tryng now to made a station in 136, but the bigger problem is that
there are not activity to test the equipment, here we dont have the CW
activity like in DL and G centered at 136.5,  so the low activity on
saturday/sunday that we can receive here is only in qrss at 137.7, for
average station.
So, for me a beacon network  like the network that we have in 20 and upper
band, may be no bad, for example at 135.7, sweepping normal cw, qrss 3,
qrss10 dfcw etc.
In this way the hams may set the receiving side, and try the better way to
receive with the PC and software at different speed and mode of emission,
and later, to transmitt.
In other way is a very difficult band, not all the people may test the
station with the big signal from Ik5ZPV (599) or OM2TW (599+) at 135.922 in
the night!
I believe that soon i'll put in air a low power beacon here in I2, to help
the local hams in this band.

73 to all, and i hope to meet someone soon on the band (when i'll be ready,
yes!!)

IK2DED Giulio (from Topband to LF hi)