LF: Jason decode

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Jason decode
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:40:36 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Alberto, It occurs to me that to decode correctly we will need to be
listening on upper-sideband otherwise we will get a frequency translation of
the tones and thus an incorrect decode.
I am 'enabled' on receive, and just missed a transmission from Dave this
morning due to being on the wrong sideband. By the time I had changed the
rx, he had gone.
A wish for the next version......a "Clear & Home" button for the RX window.

(addition before posting)

Dave G3YXM signal received at 1520 (ish) very strong. It was very difficult
to reduce the level such that a narrow line was seen in the waterfall. When
that was achieved the signal was total inaudible even with the speakers
turned full up. Despite seeing all the signal in the centre slot until 1530z
not a single sensible char was decoded. Very odd. The "thermometer" on the
left was totally off screen for a signal giving a clean line in the
waterfall, and only showed when the audio was producing a 'flared' 5mm wide
trace.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]